[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
The Dark Syndicate • View topic - Adding Blue Bust to the xbox, could do with help on this

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:01 am

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Adding Blue Bust to the xbox, could do with help on this
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:55 am 
Poster

I am currently working on a port of some sort for the xbox

I have figured out bits n bobs but still a way off getting it working correctly

so far I can walk around all the area's just fine, there is a problem with draw distance though, so not figured out what I need for that

I am currently using EP1 area's that I replaced with Blue Burst ones

Pioneer 2 (I didn't bother with)
Wilds - map 1 ~ Forest 1
Wilds - map 2 ~ Forest 2
Wilds - map 3 ~ Cave 1 Map 1
Crater ~ Cave 2 Map 1
Desert 1 - map 1 ~ Cave 3 Map 1 (I used your files when I found them)
Desert 1 - map 2 ~ Cave 3 Map 2 (I used your files when I found them)
Desert 1 - map 3 ~ Cave 3 Map 3
Desert 2 - map 1 ~ Mines 1 Map 1
Desert 3 - map 1 ~ Mines 2 Map 1
Desert 3 - map 2 ~ Mines 2 Map 2
Desert 3 - map 3 ~ Mines 2 Map 3
Boss09 ~ Ruins 1 Map 1

I also edited a few object events and monsters for Wilds - map 1 so I can get a propper play test changing the monsters and objects to EP1 ones (because it was for testing alot of objects and monsters that had been BB only just got removed I only replaced a hand full of monsters to EP1 forest ones) and changed the events all to the basic ones used in Wilds map 1 and the map was also changed to the forest in qedit script that was all added to xbox versions in the relevent gsl files basicly I converted all the partrt of the normal none quest play and made it into the xbox forest still using all the wilds files

On testing it seemed to work great all the objects are now on ground level and no silly floating walls and boxes ect.. (draw distance was messy though) the problem came when monsters spawned, I could not target them yet they could target me no problem... I could only hit them with an ice tech that just hits anything within a certain radious anyway so I can't target with techs either I just happen to of figured I could hit them with that.

I am still a lil fuzzy as to what each file does when porting over to be honest, some of it I figured out anyway just by playing whith tools available and importing exporting in qedit but there is still alot to figure out that I realy could do with help with...

Not realy found a good sorce for help on this as of yet, there is a quest script help wiki thing but even that I outdone rather quicky when converting Blue Burst quests that use EP1&2 area's to the xbox from another lil mini mod I done

I know this is a very late development for the game the system and probobly this forum as it does look kinda dead and unkept

I don't like messing on with with live systems though asides from protecting myself from too much come back I don't feel that new games should be tampered with unless it's purly for personal use (official add-ons ect is something differnt or if mods are encoraged officially... DooM.. Duke Nukem 3D..) but modding games ect on a dead machine can't be bad... can it :D

EDIT: could my none targeting problem be something to do with BattleParamEntry_on.dat or one of those files, if so anyone here know how to edit that???

Profile PM  

Post subject: Re: Adding Blue Bust to the xbox, could do with help on this
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:01 pm 
Poster

Kinda figured it is the dat files thats the issue d.dat and ad.dat as from your own files these are the only ones that are not just a direct copy (I do admit I have not tested out the ruins yet... not played that far into episode 2 with my current save)

[Mot had that much testing time on my hands at the moment :s]

Any information on how to go about editing/creating a working d.dat and or ad.dat would be very helpfull

P.S. unfortionatly I am not a programmer though this has not realy stopped my modding well to a certain extent

I only do basic script edits or a lil bit of hex editing but this is far from being able to program

A compiler of some sort for converting a bb dat to an xbox dat/ dat editor is more what I need to be honest, shame it wasn't as easy as copying a few files renamed to corispond to a certain area, well done a lil more than that but not that much more I only recreated the o.dat e.dat to have the new area monsters and object converted to EP1&2 ones so I could test my map imports

Profile PM  

Post subject: Re: Adding Blue Bust to the xbox, could do with help on this
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:41 pm 
Poster

Profile PM  

New Topic Post Reply  [ 3 posts ]